In 2011/12 the Government launched its Pupil Premium funding. This is an additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
At St Thomas of Canterbury, we have high aspirations and ambitions for all our children regardless of background and believe that no child should be left behind. We strongly believe that it is not about where you come from but your passion and thirst for knowledge and your dedication and commitment to learning that make the difference between success and failure. We are determined to ensure that our children are given every chance to realise their full potential and experience the cultural capital they need to prepare them for future success.
Please select the document below to view the School’s Pupil Premium Policy and Strategy Statement respectively.
This money is sent to schools based on the number of children in the school who are eligible for Free School Meals within the last 6 years.
If your child does not have Free School Meals, but may be eligible because of your family’s income level, please contact the school office (in confidence) to register them. Even if you do not wish your child to have school meals, please register so the school can claim the Pupil Premium funding and use it to support your child.
For the academic year 2019/2020, the school has been allocated £192,040 in Pupil Premium funding. The school will be devising an action plan on how these funds are utilised.
Nature of Support
- Additional support from teaching assistants in the classroom
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher or Teaching Assistant focused on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1-1 support in class for some lessons
- Booster Classes
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through, training support staff to lead specific intervention programmes or employing external agencies
- Funding places on school trips to give children the opportunity to experience new and challenging activities
- Providing resources to ensure equal opportunities for all children
- subsidizing enrichment activities, such as; after school clubs and breakfast club.